Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Lebanese use Dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs and Christmas aren't two things that generally go well together, unless you count the dinosaur toys (for small children) and the dinosaur encyclopedias (for big children) that get unwrapped. So, it came as a surprise to me to find out that one Lebanese mall was using dinosaurs in its Christmas advertising.

The said advertisements are billboard posters, coming in three different flavors. The theme, apparently, is "nothing will ruin my Xmas", and aggressive dinosaurs are shown being restrained by women, using Christmas merchandise. Anyway, it's not up to me to discuss the ad tactics, I'm here to talk about the dinos. The last poster is my favorite, as will be made clear.



The first poster has a "raptor", being held by the tail as it makes for the Christmas tree. This is the one I least like in the set, essentially due to the inaccuracy .



Poster number two: a very surprised-looking Rex, being tied with, of all things, Christmas-tree decorations. Nothing else to say here.



Now this one's my favorite. It's, would you believe it, a tenerensis absconding with some gifts, and ending up with a candy-cane in his mouth for his troubles.



take another look at that last poster. Feel the love. It had been a nice Christmas. Posted by (E.T.)

No comments:

Post a Comment