Sunday, May 10, 2009

Abdo Mounzer (RUNNING for ELECTIONS)

On our BLOG account, we've been dealing since the start with two types of ads, testimonials and plain folks. And in fact, we've been talking more about about testimonials. But right now, I'm going to talk about a plain folk that is related to the Lebanese Maestro Abdo Mounzer, the man who changed my opinion of politicians and made me realize how even men running for elections can still be themselves no matter what.

Being a participant in his daughter's concert that took place at the A.S.S. in Ghazir, on May 8, 2009, I was able to see how rehearsals took place and how each person had his specific role in order to help achieve success. How is this related to Abdo Mounzer? Well, While I was rehearsing with Hiba, I saw that extremely punctual and tidy man work as hard as he can in order to make this concert be the best ever. When I say hard, I don't mean giving orders and and ideas; I mean helping in building the decoration with other men.

Some may say that it's something normal that a man helps others in anything, even if he's running for elections. Well, I don't think it's normal in this case, especially when that man is standing in front of me, with that passion inside of him that is so shown on his face and behavior. And despite Abdo Mounzer's strict way of working, humble has always been the suitable way to describe him. A man with such humour and determination at the same time. A man who was able to change what I think of politicians and of who they are; at least in what concerns him.

Posted by (E.M.)

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting!!! In fact, politicians in Lebanon are known to be "snob". It is well-known that "Abdo Mounzer" is so humble and cares for the crew working with his daughter as he cares for her.However, it is known that people running for elections are the ones who must be served. Everything must be done according to their wills. "Abdo Mounzer" cares for his electoral program and not for the appearances and money he gets if he will be elected!! But the question is: "If he got elected, will he remain the same?"
    I guess so..
    Hope so...
    (S.S)

    ReplyDelete